Method And The Approach
The goals and objectives of the Transition Year programme are intended to place particular emphasis on:
- Negotiated learning.
- Personal responsibility in learning.
- Activity based learning.
- Group work, discussion, debate, interview, creative drama work, role-play and project work.
- Study visits and field trips.
- Social outreach involvement and commitment and community service.
- Students will have three weeks work experience.
Assessment will be continuous through projects, essays, oral, aural and written tests. In order that they may profit from the Transition Year experience pupils will be expected to take a full and active role in the programme and strive to acquire habits of self-directed learning.
At the end of the year a portfolio of Inver College Transition Year Certificates, outlining the achievements of each pupil during the year, will be presented.
It will provide an opportunity for your boys/girls to reflect on and develop an awareness of the value of education and training in preparing them for the ever-changing demands of the adult world of work and relationships.